Escape to Lope Country
The Grand Canyon University Hotel invites you to experience the finest accommodations and amenities in Lope Country. Our hotel reflects Grand Canyon University’s commitment to creating one-of-a-kind, premier academic, athletic and values-oriented experiences for our entire GCU community – including our out-of-town visitors and special guests. The Grand Canyon University Hotel offers affordable rooms and suites, as well as world-class hospitality for a memorable stay, right in the heart of Phoenix.
Looking for things to do in the area? Check our suggestions for things to do in Phoenix, complete with a Phoenix attractions map.
Hospitality Learning Experiences
The Grand Canyon University Hotel is not only a place for rest and relaxation, but serves as a hands-on learning environment for GCU students enrolled in our Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management degree program within the prestigious Colangelo College of Business.
It is our mission to: Build upon Grand Canyon University’s pillars of servant leadership, professional ethics and innovation through a hospitality program that produces the highest quality professionals, provides exceptional guest experiences and transforms the greater West Valley.
The Grand Canyon University Hotel student-employed staff ensures hospitality excellence for our guests as our hotel also provides real-world experiences for our students. The hotel helps prepare these eager learners to be impactful leaders in their future careers and the thriving hospitality industry. Our staff also employs industry professionals who can serve as mentors and provide expert hospitality guidance for our students.
At Grand Canyon University Hotel, we are creating service professionals to serve you.
Lope Country Convenience and Comfort
The hotel is about a 15-minute drive to and from the airport and conveniently located less than a mile east of campus; GCU Hotel shuttle service is available to and from campus. Along with comfortable overnight accommodations, guests have easy access to a well-appointed fitness center, the resort-style pool, our full service restaurant Canyon 49 Grill and nearby Phoenix attractions.
Our vision is to elevate hospitality, create opportunity and strengthen our community. Grand Canyon University Hotel is where leadership meets hospitality – let us bring the spirit of GCU to you. Lopes Up!
Grand Canyon University
The GCU Hotel is conveniently located less than a mile away from Grand Canyon University’s main campus in Phoenix. Our thriving campus community is home to thousands of students and features gorgeous facilities, from new classroom buildings and housing options to delicious dining options and athletics facilities. We invite you to tour our gorgeous campus – a true oasis in the heart of the desert.
GCU Golf Course
The GCU Golf Course is the perfect location for a round of golf during your stay the GCU Hotel! Located just a few miles away from the GCU Hotel, the GCU Golf Course features beautiful greens, extended fairways and enhanced bunkers, along with a state-of-the-art clubhouse with a restaurant and pro shop. Our affordable rates mean golfers of all levels can enjoy the picturesque course during any time of the year.
In this Phoenix oasis, our affordable hotel accommodations include:
- 155 rooms
- 30 junior suites
- 10 suites
- 110 deluxe rooms
The following is available for all Grand Canyon University Hotel guests:
- Full service restaurant, Canyon 49 Grill, offering modern American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Well-appointed fitness center located just north of the hotel (a key card is required to enter the facility)
- GCU Hotel pool (unregistered guests are not allowed in hotel rooms or pool area) with cabanas, shaded areas and a built-in fire pit with seating area. Grand Canyon University Hotel guests can look forward to premium meeting spaces, exclusive restaurant and an off-site resort-style golf course.
Enjoy delicious food and live entertainment at Canyon 49, GCU’s eatery in the heart of Phoenix. Located adjacent to the GCU Hotel, Canyon 49 is the perfect place to chow down on modern American cuisine, fuel up with beverages at the Grand Canyon Beverage Company or unwind with a happy hour cocktail. We are your neighborhood hangout, where you can get a taste of our GCU spirit!
Gold Standard Service
Our Grand Canyon University Hotel staff is committed to providing gold standard guest, housekeeping and hospitality services.
Our pledge is to treat every guest and every employee at the GCU Hotel with the respect and care that we would wish to be treated with ourselves.
- Hotel staff serves as a team of professional GCU ambassadors who go above and beyond to ensure pleasant experiences, provide a safe, comfortable environment and meet the highest standards of cleanliness.
- The hotel empowers its employees to take ownership, commit to guest satisfaction and be proactive when responding to any opportunities presented by a guest.
- Hotel standards include minimal environmental impact. Hotel housekeepers will change bed linens and bathroom towels upon request in an eco-friendly effort to aid water and energy conservation.
- Housekeeping only services rooms when guests have left the room.